CAG in The New York Times
Posted on 10/1/2018
|According to The New York Times article, this Apollo 11-flown flag is expected to be the top CAG-certified item at the Nov. 1-2 auction.Click image to enlarge.|
The New York Times featured the Armstrong Family Collection™, a collection of thousands of items saved by astronaut Neil Armstrong and his immediate family. The entire collection was certified by Collectibles Authentication Guaranty™ (CAG™), the newest affiliate of Certified Collectibles Group® (CCG®).
The article, which includes interesting reflections from Neil Armstrong's sons, is illustrated by some of the CAG-certified collectibles that will be sold at auction Nov. 1-2, including:
- a handwritten letter to the Easter Bunny by a young Neil Armstrong;
- a gold and diamond pin flown on Gemini 8;
- a US flag that Armstrong took along on the Apollo 11 mission to the moon;
- material from the Wright flyer that Armstrong took on the Apollo 11 mission;
- a Newsweek magazine about the moon landing mission from July 21, 1969, featuring Armstrong in his spacesuit.
To read the New York Times article, click here.